Thursday, September 29, 2016

Remote Control Panel for ICOM IC-M710

The IC-M710 is a rugged transceiver built for its purpose. Though it covers the whole HF band, it is not intended for use by a radio amateur. The user interface being its weakest point (for a Ham). The features that are sorely missed by a Ham being:

  • A Tuning dial - a true VFO tuning dial is missing.
  • A real CAT interface.
  • A headphone jack
For the last couple of weeks I was pondering over the idea of having a remote control unit that will address the above limitations. Also with the additional features:
  • A remote panel that can be used as a face plate for mobile operations.
  • Band selection, tuner commands
  • Rotator control
  • Frequency memories
  • RIT
  • CW keyer

Update 13/3/2017
1st prototype finished, can go remote on/off, VFO A/B, step size changes, delayed TX freq set, etc.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, it's brilliant. I am trying to do the same thing, because I have the same radio. But i can't found information about RS232 connections. Could you tell me where i can found this info? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anybody? I'd like to make one of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd buy one if the price was right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the source code, schematics, BOM, any of this available? I'd like to build one for myself and myself only.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Może coś więcej jakieś .ino Schematics

    ReplyDelete

  6. Hello...i want to by the m710. i need this project. where can i see this project? remote control...

    ReplyDelete
  7. please source code and schematic
    73 de E77MG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, can you share the circuit diagram of your project? Greetings from Istanbul. 73. TB1CWA Tunç Buyruklar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is the source code, schematics, BOM, any of this available? I'd like to build one for myself and myself only. enis_cosgun@hotmail.com. Turkey.

    ReplyDelete